City & Guilds Barista Level 2: Trainers Course
This day combines with our Foundation Barista Skills Course to give those thinking of running the City & Guilds Barista Course the basic barista skills required as well as the knowledge of how to run the qualification (We would also recommend the Intermediate Barista Skills Course to obtain a more in-depth knowledge of espresso than is required on the C&G qualification).
Who is it for?
Anyone who is thinking of running the City & Guilds Barista Level 2 Qualification, such as a college or training centre. (N.B. City & Guilds centre status will be required by anyone wanting to certify the qualification)
The day in detail
• Review the requirements to run the course such as the equipment needed with suggestions on what is best to buy and which suppliers may be appropriate
• Run through the Learning Outcomes required for the course
• Detail the key barista standards required with tips on how to deliver the material and time for you to practice your skills
• Outline the material that should be covered in other areas of the course, such as filter coffee, tea, chocolate, smoothies and customer service.
• Review the knowledge required for the written exam questions
• Review the format of the practical exam with tips on how to deliver it
• Have a go at completing the practical exam yourself both as a student and as an assessor
The day is scheduled as a “one to one” with the trainer who is going to be teaching the qualification, and includes a pack of information to assist in teaching, including a lesson plan, pdf handouts on all the subjects and PowerPoint presentations.
The cost of the day and presentation pack is £395.00 (exclusive of VAT).
The Foundation Barista Skills Course is a prior requirement to coming on this day, but it is also recommended that you enroll on the Intermediate Barista Skills course to give a greater depth of knowledge than is required by your students.